Saturday 5 November 2011

Gingerbread Sun

Gingerbread Sun
I am so glad it's Winter.

When I woke up this morning the sun was nowhere to be seen, the ground was covered in red and orange leaves and I could smell rain and gingerbread. I don't even know where the gingerbread smell came from, though it might be my subconscious need for a gingerbread latte from Starbucks! I really wish my grant would hurry up and come through so I can buy one (also a new phone that I won't lose this time!).

I keep thinking that it's too early for Christmas related posts, but then I remember that it's November. The year's gone by so quickly, it feels like it was only just Spring!
I'm looking forward to layering knits and buying myself a nice pair of wine coloured jeans and some Chealsea boots. I've had my eye on a pair of leopard print loafers in Topshop for a while now, but my housemate has them. Would it be too weird if I got them too?

I don't think the gang and I are doing anything for Bonfire night tonight, we'll probably just stand in the garden and watch everyone else's fireworks! I don't know why, but Bonfire Night makes me feel incredibly British. Do they get it over in America? I should probably know these things. I have the hugest craving for Toffee apples though, I haven't seen any in shops this year and I keep reading recipes online, so I'm going to be completely on the ball next year and make a batch of cinnamon ones.

Happy Holidays, everyone!
G xo

No comments:

Post a Comment