Monday 31 May 2010

Memento Mori

Vita Brevis, Gloria Aeterna

Life is short, Glory eternal.
Sometimes I really think that I've been born in the wrong era, but then I remember how privileged I am and feel grateful for this age. If only the Victorians accepted Human Rights and had the Internet, Electricity and decent Medical Care.
I blame it on all of the Period Drama & Film that I've been watching recently (Dorian Gray, the costumes and set are beautiful) Everything about the Victorian and Georgian periods were so extraordinarily exquisite in terms of fashion, and jewellery and art. Well, at least amongst the upper classes. I really wish that Victoriana Regality would come back round into the forefront of designers minds and never ever leave it.

Even the dead are beautiful,whilst the living seem to be ghosts.
(I am so weird)

No comments:

Post a Comment